The second phase of Hugh Broughton Architects’ redevelopment of the Henry Moore Foundation’s complex has started on site
The proposal includes an rejig and extension of the foundation’s office block at the centre on the Perry Green estate, in Hertfordshire - Henry Moore’s home from 1940 until his death in 1986.
The library will be expanded into an archive for the foundation’s photographic and bibliographic collections.
Construction of this second phase is due to complete by May 2016.
The first stage was completed in 2011.
The Henry Moore Foundation was established in 1977 at Moore’s home to encourage public appreciation of the visual arts and preserve the sculptor’s legacy.
Location Perry Green, Hertfordshire
Type of project archive and visitor centre
Client Henry Moore Foundation
Architect Hugh Broughton Architects
Structural engineer Price & Myers
Services engineer Harley Haddow
Quantity surveyor Boydengroup
Contractor R G Carter
Planning consultant Adrienne Hill
Lighting consultant Pritchard Themis Lighting Design
Landscape architect Bradley-Hole Schoenaich Landscape Architects (concept) and The Landscape Agency (technical design and delivery)
Ecology consultant Tim Moya Associates
Gross internal floor area 709m² (offices and visitor centre) and 425m² (archive)
Total cost £6million