An opportunity for an experienced sub-editor to join The Architects’ Journal on a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave
The Architects’ Journal is the leading business title for architects, publishing a weekly magazine, a monthly product supplement and daily news online.
EMAP is the business-to-business media division of Top Right Group, whose market leading brands also include Retail Week, Broadcast and Construction News.
Working in conjunction with the production editor, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely production of all editorial parts of the AJ and AJ Specification, and maintaining the quality of copy in print and online, ensuring it is free from spelling, grammatical, stylistic, factual and typographical mistakes. The position is based in London.
Key duties include:
- Liaising with editors and contributors to ensure the timely delivery of copy
- Sub-editing copy and circulating proofs
- Writing headlines, stand firsts and captions and any other copy
- Page layout in products/letters/columns/statistics in news
- Ensuring page proofs are seen by the production editor before sign-off to printers
- Liaising with the news team and digital editor to ensure the quality of delivery of the daily email newsletter, subbing up to five online news stories per day
- Scheduling, subbing and organising copy-flow and delivery to printers of AJ Specification. Working with the sales team to produce flat plan
- Deputising for the production editor in her absence.
An organised and creative person who can work at a fast pace, take initiative and pay close attention to detail. You will have at least two years experience on a magazine or newspaper and be educated to degree level or equivalent.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com. Applications without salary details may delay the process. The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy and reference number.
There is no closing date for this position. Successful candidates will be responded to when they apply and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.