Eva Jiřičná, Crispin Kelly and Mary Duggan are among the judges announced for the inaugural AJ Architecture Awards
Also on the judging panel are Daisy Froud, Carl Turner and Shankari Raj Edgar, who along with other judges will visit every shortlisted project in the 23 categories.
The new AJ Architecture Awards – which are open to all practices, regardless of size – have proved popular, and we have been asked to extend the entry deadline, which is now Friday 28 July.
The AJ Architecture Awards will highlight the very best projects across a range of key categories – from community schemes and cultural projects to tall buildings and workplace designs.
All architects are invited to enter their completed UK projects built between January 2016 and July 2017.
Jury visits to successfully shortlisted projects will take place from 7 September to 3 November. In addition to stand-out design, our judges will consider each project in detail – such as how it has met or exceeded the brief, how it has promoted client or community engagement, and how it has excelled in the use of space or sense of place.
All winners will be revealed at an exclusive Gala Dinner at the Grosvenor House Hotel on 7 December. The evening’s celebrations will culminate in the announcement of three special awards, chosen from all entries: the AJ Design of the Year, the AJ Architect of the Year and the AJ Editor’s Choice Award.
All winning projects will feature in print in a special edition of the AJ and online, and winners will receive a special plaque to commemorate their success – and display on their building.
To find out how to enter the awards, click here
Why enter the AJ Architecture Awards?
- Jury panel visits: All finalists will be visited by an expert panel of highly influential judges, providing a unique opportunity to promote your work to leading experts
- Media exposure: Winners will be featured in a special edition of the AJ in December, on the AJ website and in the AJ daily newsletters
- Competitive advantage: Winning an AJ Architecture Award will establish your credentials as a design leader within the sector and endorse your work to help win new clients
- Winner’s press kits: Along with a distinctive winner’s plaque, you will receive a specially designed logo to signify your status as a Winner, Shortlisted or Highly Commended entry, along with an official dedicated press release, enabling you to quickly and easily share your success with local and national media.
AJ Architecture Awards categories
- School Project of the Year
- Higher Education Project of the Year
- Cultural Project of the Year
- Workplace of the Year
- Leisure Project of the Year
- Budget Project of the Year
- Community & Faith Project of the Year
- Masterplan of the Year
- Landscape of the Year
- Refurb of the Year
- Sustainable Project of the Year
- Tall Building of the Year
- House of the Year
- Housing Project of the Year
- Mixed-Use Project of the Year
- Interior Design of the Year
- Public Building of the Year
- Heritage Project of the Year
- Health & Wellbeing Project of the Year
- Infrastructure Project of the Year
- AJ Design of the Year
- AJ Architect of the Year
- AJ Editor’s Choice Award
AJ Architecture Awards 2017 sponsored by