More from: Robin Snell lands London Coliseum revamp
The proposals for Ilkley Rugby Club are to replace the existing clubhouse and stand, built in 1924, with a new timber and glass scheme.
The design was inspired by the long barns prevalent in the area, with the curved form acting as a wind break and the glazed face overlooking the pitch and the Wharfe Valley below.
The 1,000m2 project is split over two floors. The lower floor will provide six changing rooms as well as a physiotherapy room. The upper floor will provide the club with a gym, a bar and new dining areas.
Should the scheme be granted planning permission, work is likely to start in summer 2008, with completion ready for the beginning of the 2009/10 season.