Serpentine Pavilion designer Frida Escobedo is one of seven architects to be awarded RIBA International Fellowships today
Earlier this year, the Mexican architect, aged 38, became the youngest person to create the annual showcase structure in Kensington Gardens.
Her Frida Escobedo Architecture Studio is also only the second female-only-led practice to be commissioned for the project, joining Zaha Hadid Architects which designed the inaugural pavilion in 2000.
Escobedo can now add Int FRIBA to her email signature after receiving the prestigious fellowship from the RIBA.
Along with Escobedo, the following people have been awarded international fellowships:
- Poul Ove Jensen – Dissing+Weitling Architecture, Denmark
- Michael Murphy and Alan Ricks – Mass Design Group, US
- Neri Oxman – MIT Media Lab, US
- Emilio Tuñón – Tuñón Architects, Spain
- Ignacio Vicens y Hualde – Vicens + Ramos Architects, Spain
A presentation will be made in London in February.
Serpentine 2018 fea 2675