Schemes by Allies & Morrison, Architype, Associated Architects and Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios have been shortlisted in the RIBA West Midlands Awards
A total of nine schemes have been shortlisted across the West Midlands Region.
Projects in the running for the accolades, which highlight ‘outstanding architecture in the region’ include Architype’s Passivhaus archive in Hereford, Middleport Pottery by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios, and the Badge Works in Birmingham by Sjolander da Cruz Architects.
The full list of shortlisted schemes
- Archive & Record Centre, Hereford by Architype
- Old Market Shopping Centre, Hereford by Allies & Morrison
- The Mary Stevens Hospice, Stourbridge by KKE Architects
- Middleport Pottery, Stoke-on-Trent by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- River Studio, Warwickshire by Sjolander da Cruz Architects
- Southwater One, Telford by Associated Architects
- St Peter’s Academy, Stoke-on-Trent by Associated Architects
- The Badge Works, Birmingham by Sjolander da Cruz Architects
- The Old Library, Leamington Spa by Tate Hindle Architects
Regional winners will be put forward for the RIBA National Awards, with the lucky recipients announced in June. Those collecting national awards will then be considered for the 2015 RIBA Stirling Prize.
Last year the region bore a Stirling Prize-finalist with Mecanoo’s Library of Birmingham.
The winners of the regional awards will be revealed at an awards ceremony on 30 April.