Schemes by Hall McKnight, Richard Murphy and McGonigle McGrath have been shortlisted in the RIBA/RSUA Northern Ireland Awards
Chosen from just 12 entries, a total of seven schemes are vying for the regional awards.
Hall McKnight, which narrowly missed out on the Stirling Prize shortlist in 2013 for The MAC in Belfast, has two houses in the running for gongs.
Other shortlisted projects include a house by local practice McGonigle McGrath and two schemes at Queen’s University in Belfast – a student hub by Burwell Deakins and staff accommodation by White Ink.
The full list of shortlisted schemes
- Victoria Road House, Holywood by Hall McKnight
- Old See House Community Mental Health Facility, Belfast by RPP Architects in association with Richard Murphy Architects
- The David Keir Student Hub and Auditorium, Queen’s University, Belfast by Burwell Deakins Architects
- Queen’s University Staff Accommodation, Belfast by White Ink
- House at Maghera, County Down by McGonigle McGrath
- Grillagh Water, Londonderry by Patrick Bradley Architects
- Church Road House, Belfast by Hall McKnight
Regional winners will be put forward for the RIBA National Awards, with the lucky recipients announced in June. Those collecting national awards will then be considered for the 2015 RIBA Stirling Prize.
The winners will be announced in mid-April.