Police detectives investigating the Grenfell Fire have carried out three interviews under caution, Scotland Yard has announced
Metropolitan Police Service did not say who it had interviewed but that it was considering offences including ’gross negligence manslaughter’, ’corporate manslaughter’, and ‘breaches of the health and safety act’.
In a statement, Scotland Yard said: ’So far, three interviews under caution have been carried out in relation to the tragic events and it is likely that further interviews will take place in the coming weeks and months.’
The Met also said it was close to handing back control of the west London tower, where 72 people died on June 14 last year, following the end of its search of the site.
It expects the handover to take place in early August.
Except for arrests over allegations of fraud relating to compensation claims for victims, the force confirmed there had not yet been any arrests in the investigation into the fire.
Commander Stuart Cundy, said: ’The handover of Grenfell Tower by the police will only occur once we are entirely confident that all police work has been completed at the tower and handing the tower over to the responsible body will have no bearing on the ongoing criminal investigation.
’The concerns of the bereaved, survivors and residents as well as the wider community will be central to how the handover takes place. We recognise this will be a significant milestone and one that is bound to stir a range of emotions for all those affected by this tragedy.’