Seven practices have made the shortlist for the new AJ120 Architectural Collaboration of the Year
The collaborative efforts recognised in the shortlist include partnerships between architects, contractors, lighting designers, and developers.
Grimshaw and lighting designer James Carpenter have been shortlisted for their work together on the Fulton Centre in New York, Darling Associates for work with Patel Taylor at Canary Wharf, and a trio of three practices – HTA Design, Mae, and Hawkins\Brown – for their work 3,500-home Aylesbury estate.
Hawkins/Brown and Studio Egret West made the shortlist in recognition of their ten-year-long working relationship, while John Thompson and Partners has been recognised for its work with Arenden Development Company in Prague.
Places on the high-profile shortlist also went to AWW inspired environments with Skanska Construction and Levitt Bernstein for its collaboration with Proctor & Matthews and Cullinan Studio.
Sponsored by Griffiths and Armour, the award, which was introduced for the first time this year, will go to the most successful collaboration between a practice and another firm in 2014.
The shortlist in full
- AWW inspired environments, for its collaboration with Skanska Construction
- Darling Associates for its work with Patel Taylor
- Grimshaw, for its partnership with James Carpenter of James Carpenter Design Associates
- Hawkins\Brown, for its work with Studio Egret West
- HTA Design, for its collaboration with Hawkins\Brown and Mae
- John Thompson & Partners for its work with Robert Davies at Arendon Development Company
- Levitt Bernstein for its collaboration with Proctor & Matthews and Cullinan Studio
The AJ120 Awards take place on 3 June at the Tower of London. More information can be found, here.