The projects in the running for this year’s AJ100 Value Excellence Award have been announced
An office refurbishment by Allies and Morrison, a creative arts building in Norwich by BDP (AJ 12.11.13) and a student housing development in King’s Cross by Glenn Howells Architects are all in the running for the 2014 accolade.
The Value Excellence Award prize is given to the project, completed by an AJ100 practice, which represents the best value for the client from a cost, quality, design, flexibility and sustainability perspective
Other projects on the shortlist include Hopkins’ new library for the University of East London (AJ 27.9.13), an academy school by Nicholas Hare Architects, and a 276-home affordable housing scheme in Barking by Pollard Thomas Edwards.
Previous winner John McAslan + Partners, who won the award back in 2012 for its Charles Carter Building at Lancaster University, is also in the running for the gong - this time for the Oasis Academy in Enfield,
Last year the award went to John Robertson Architects for its ‘clear, logical, and hard-headed’ refurbishment of the Skidmore Owings and Merrill-designed 199 Broadgate.
- Crane Building by Allies and Morrison
- Creative Arts Building for City College Norwich by BDP
- Urbanest King’s Cross by Glenn Howells Architects
- New Stratford Library at the University of East London by Hopkins Architects
- 10 Portman Square by Jestico + Whiles
- The Oasis Academy by John McAslan + Partners
- Bishop of Rochester Academy by Nicholas Hare Architects
- Thames View East by Pollard Thomas Edwards
AJ100 Awards: Value Excellence Awards finalists revealed