The AJ can unveil the eight design teams shortlisted for Architectural Collaboration of the Year at the 2017 AJ100 Awards
The shortlist includes a team comprising Allies and Morrison with OMA and Arup, West 8 and John Pawson, who last year completed a new home for the Design Museum in the former Commonwealth Institute in west London.
It also includes HOK with PLP Architecture – the design team behind the Francis Crick Institute in north London – and Purcell with OPEN Landscape Architects, which won planning permission earlier this year to convert the decommissioned Shepton Mallet prison in Somerset into new homes.
PLP is also among the finalists as part of a design team with the Centre for Natural Materials Innovation at Cambridge University, with a proposal to build an 80-storey timber skyscraper rising from London’s Barbican complex.
Meanwhile, Grimshaw Architects was shortlisted with MDT-tex. The design team unveiled its tessellating canopy system at Clerkenwell Design Week last year.
Collaborators Avanti Architects and Max Fordham were also shortlisted, having worked together to design Mossbourne Riverside Academy in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, east London.
The shortlist is completed by TP Bennett with Make Architects; and Scott Brownrigg with UP Projects and artist Nicky Hirst.
- Allies and Morrison with OMA and Arup, West 8 and John Pawson
- Avanti Architects with Max Fordham
- Grimshaw Architects with MDT-tex
- HOK with PLP Architecture
- PLP Architecture with the Centre for Natural Materials Innovation at Cambridge University
- Purcell with OPEN (Optimised Environments) Landscape Architects
- Scott Brownrigg with UP Projects and Nicky Hirst
- TP Bennett with Make Architects