The AJ’s new AJ Specification Awards celebrate outstanding collaborations between architects, manufacturers and suppliers
The awards are designed to recognise how the very best architecture is the result of the innovative or creative use of products and materials – when great products meet great design.
These new awards celebrate how exceptional working relationships between architects and suppliers and manufacturers lead to successful projects, showcasing standout examples of the creative use of products and materials in making great buildings.
The awards are open to all suppliers, manufacturers and architects who have worked together on a UK-based project, regardless of scale or size, completed between March 2017 and September 2018. You can find all entry details and criteria here.
The awards have 18 categories – from Foundations and Structure to Roofing and Drainage, from Façades and Cladding to Fit Out and Interiors and M&E.
Our expert judges will be looking at how the case studies you enter demonstrate a specific design challenge on a project, and how effectively your product or material was used to meet or exceed the brief.
All the shortlisted entries will be published on the AJ website in November and the winning projects will be revealed at an event to celebrate your achievements on 8 February in Manchester. The winning projects and shortlists will also appear in print in the February edition of AJ Specification.
We are accepting entries from product and material suppliers, manufacturers, architects as well as clients and developers. The final deadline for entry is 5 October.
We look forward to receiving your entries and finding out more about your exceptional projects, products and partnerships. Good luck!
Why enter the AJ Specification Awards?
- Architects – demonstrate innovation in specifying key products and materials, and working with suppliers to meet challenging design briefs.
- Architects – show how well you collaborated with a product and material supplier or manufacturer to create a successful project.
- Suppliers and manufacturers – show the market how your product or material has been used effectively and enhanced a completed project.
- Suppliers and manufacturers – demonstrate how you have successfully collaborated with an architect to provide a solution to a design challenge.
- Suppliers and manufacturers – highlight how the collaborative relationship with an architect has made a difference.
- Brick & Stone
- Colour & Finishes
- Doors & Windows
- Façade & Cladding
- Fit-out & Interior
- Foundations & Structure
- Natural Materials
- Recycled, Re-Used & Green Materials
- Roofing & Drainage
- Stairs & Lifts