The AJ can announce the final set of finalists vying for this year’s ‘retrofit Oscars’. Today: Housing, health and international project
Over the last week we have revealed all the projects shortlisted for the AJ Retrofit Awards 2017, covering schemes as small as house conversions to major overhauls of historic listed structures.
Among the practices shortlisted for their major housing projects are David Miller Architects, KPF, Jestico + Whiles and Conran and Partners, while HUT, Inglis Badrashi Loddo and Nissen Richards Studio join the finalists in the housing under £5 million category.
There are also nominations for the best health and wellbeing retrofit project for Murphy Philipps Associates Sonnemann Toon Architects and tp bennett.
The international category features schemes by Gensler and Grimshaw as well as the AEP Fitness Centre, Oklahoma, USA designed by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris (AHMM).
Last year AHMM was crowned the overall winner of the AJ Retrofit Awards, picking up the coveted Retrofit of the Year prize for its £2.9 million revamp of Liverpool’s Royal Court Theatre.
The 2017 winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at The Brewery in London on 13 September (for more information click here). The AJ Retrofit Awards are sponsored by Sapa Building Systems, Cantifix and Schlüter-Systems.
Housing over £5 million
• Blake Tower by Conran and Partners
• Anstey Hall Barns by David Miller Architects
• John Bell House by Hamilton Architects
• Southwark Town Hall and Theatre, Peckham by Jestico + Whiles
• South Bank Tower by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
• 103-109 Wardour Street by Sheppard Robson
• The Lofts by Superfusionlab
• The Neighbourhood, Cardiff by T2 architects
Housing over £5 million finalist: Anstey Hall Barns by David Miller Architects
Housing under £5 million
• The Pipe Factory by Emrys
• Print Works House by HUT
• Jeddo Road by Inglis Badrashi Loddo
• 30 Old Street by Marek Wojciechowski Architects
• New Portland Arms by MTA
• Grange Hall by Nissen Richards Studio
Housing under £5 million finalist: Jeddo Road by Inglis Badrashi Loddo
• AEP Fitness Centre, Oklahoma, USA by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
• Hyundai Capital Convention Hall, Seoul, South Korea by Gensler
• Duke University West Campus Union, Durham, North Carolina by Grimshaw
• Rubik Sydney, Australia by Jonathan Clark Architects
• Cloud Cuckoo House, Black Forest, Germany by UberRaum Architects
International finalist: Hyundai Capital Convention Hall, Seoul, South Korea by Gensler
Health and wellbeing project
• The London Clinic ICU by Murphy Philipps Associates
• Private Outpatients Facility, The Shard by Sonnemann Toon Architects
• Fortius Diagnostics Clinic by tp bennett
Health and Wellbeing Project finalist: The London Clinic ICU by Murphy Philipps Associates
AJ Retrofit Awards finalists revealed Part 5: Housing, health and international