Unsupported browser

For a better experience please update your browser to its latest version.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Year-out schemes for students need register

  • Comment

I write as someone with no connection with the architectural profession other than a daughter who has just graduated with a very good honours degree from one of the country's leading architecture schools.

What amazes me is that there is no register of practices which offer year-out work for students or that the universities do not have links with practices so that professional practice is properly integrated into the syllabus.

Is it sensible to have graduates sending cvs at random to companies, the majority of which do not even bother to reply? It would seem a relatively simple exercise for student vacancies to be listed on the Internet or in journals such as your own as and when companies are in a position to offer suitable work.

S Tatton, Cheshire

Practices with year-out vacancies should send an email to sarahb@construct.emap.co.uk with details. These will go on the CareersinConstruction website.

  • Comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.

Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.

Related Jobs