Former CABE boss Paul Finch has been appointed deputy chair of the Design Council (DC) and chair of Design Council CABE
Businesswoman and Dragons’ Den panel member Deborah Meaden joins Rab Bennetts of Bennetts Associates and Jim Eyre of Wilkinson Eyre among those selected for the council’s new board of trustees (see below).
Martin Temple – who continues to serve as DC chairman – said: ‘I am excited at the prospect of working with such a talented and expert group and am delighted that Paul Finch has agreed to be our Deputy Chair and Chair of Design Council CABE.
‘That such an influential group of people have volunteered to lead the Design Council at this important time says a lot about the relevance of the mission to the UK and the interest in bringing the full spectrum of design together.’
The appointments follow the restructuring of the Design Council after the organisation’s merger with CABE and its change of status from being a public body to being a charity in April.
Full list of trustees in alphabetical order:
- Pam Alexander, chief executive of SEEDA and ex-chair of the Peabody Trust
- Rab Bennetts OBE, architect, board member of the UK Green Building Council
- Sandeep Dwesar, COO and CFO of the Barbican Centre, Guildhall School of Music & Drama and the London Symphony Orchestra
- Jim Eyre, Architect and former president of the Architecture Association
- Wayne Hemingway MBE, designer, commentator and broadcaster
- Mark Jones, outgoing director of the V&A and master of St Cross College Oxford.
- Deborah Meaden, businesswoman, and panel member of ‘Dragons’ Den’
- Marek Reichman, design director of Aston Martin
- Simon Waterfall, award-winning and globally recognised digital designer
- Peter Williams, businessman and ex-CEO of Selfridges