The Scottish Building Standards (Scotland) Regulations Part J compare with Part L except that Scotland has:
- lower U-value of 0.3 W/m2K for walls (by elemental method);
- no specific reference to limiting solar gains;
- no reference to DfES or NHS energy efficiency standards for schools or hospitals;
- no requirement for air-leakage testing;
- heat loss method rather than whole building method offered as route to compliance;
- no reference to 'competent persons' to verify submitted calculations; and l insulation standard for ductwork, pipes and vessels is the 1990 version of BS 5422 rather than 2001 version.