Unsupported browser

For a better experience please update your browser to its latest version.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

The government's housing target is to achieve 4.4 million new households between 1991 and 2016, only 40 percent of which will be permitted on greenfield sites.

The government's housing target is to achieve 4.4 million new households between 1991 and 2016, only 40 percent of which will be permitted on greenfield sites. This presents the formidable challenge of maximising the re-use of brownfield locations to accommodate the remaining 60 per cent. David Levitt of Levitt Bernstein Associates, a practice with many years' experience in housing design, believes that a recent scheme of affordable housing for rent, designed by the practice at Blackstock ...

Already a subscriber? Login here or activate your digital account