David Walker has left Swanke Hayden Connell after 14 years, to set up David Walker Architects Ltd, based at 39 Great Portland Street, London W1W 7JZ, tel 020 7631 0523, fax 020 7631 0526.
John Coates, Brian McAnoy and David Patchett have been promoted to associates at Bradshaw Rowse Harker.
The Construction Confederation has appointed Andy Sneddon as director of health and safety.
Richard Paige and Giles Vallis have been appointed directors of NVB Architects. Andrew Simpson has also been promoted to associate.
Barbara Weiss Architects has moved to 16A Crane Grove, London N7 8LE, tel 020 7609 1867, fax 020 7700 2952.
Donald Insall Associates has promoted Michael Shippobottom to director, John Dangerfield to senior associate and Peter Cooke and Francis Maude to associate.
Roderick Kemsley and Christopher Platt have formed Studio KAP and moved to 109 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 6LL.
Trevor Horne Architects has moved to 15 Micawber Street, London N1 7TB, tel 020 7253 0600, fax 020 7253 0608.
Grimshaw and Townsend is now called Grimshaw Townsend Ltd.
Scott Lawrie has left John McAslan + Partners to join PRP Architects.
Send details of changes and appointments to Victoria Huttler, The Architects'Journal, 151 Rosebery Avenue, London EC1R 4GB, or e-mail victoria.
huttler@construct. emap. com