Unsupported browser

For a better experience please update your browser to its latest version.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Part L paperwork

  • Comment

With reference to the query about who will have to complete the additional paperwork for Part L compliance (AJ 24.05.2001), the Association of Planning Supervisors responds:

As to the information required for the H&S File, whatever relevant information that has to be provided will have to be considered and dealt with in the same way as for any other part of the regulations. Who provides what will depend on responsibilities as dictated by contract and legislation. Our view is that, irrespective of what Part L says, compliance will have to be treated in the same way as all other parts of the Building Regulations - by whoever is applying.

Part L compliance may well involve spending more time providing more information for which the client is unlikely to pay - but unfortunately there is nothing new in this unless you have an understanding client.

Brian Law, Association of Planning Supervisors brian. law@aps. org. uk www. aps. org. uk

  • Comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.

Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.