The British Council of Offices (BCO) has given its top honour to Dixon Jones’ Kings Place development in London
The scheme in King’s Cross (pictured) saw off a record number of entrants to scoop the council’s sought-after Best of the Best award which aims to ‘recognise and celebrate excellence in office space’.
It also landed the council’s Best Commercial Workplace prize at the BCO’s annual awards ceremony held at the Grosvenor House hotel last night (6 October).
Kings Place was praised for its ‘exquisite design and clever construction, including the deepest propped basement ever built in London’ and was also hailed for its ‘brave approach to regeneration’.
The full list of winners:
- Best Commercial Workplace: Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, by Dixon Jones
- Best Corporate Workplace: Potterow Development, 10 Crichton Street / 3 Charles Street, Edinburgh by Bennetts Associates
- Best Refurbished/Recycled Workplace: Memphis Building for Student Loans Company, Darlington by Shuttleworth Picknett Associates (pictured below)
- Best Fit-out of Workplace: Microsoft Building 5, Thames Valley Business Park, Reading by TP Bennett/Pringle Brandon
- Best Project up to 2,000m2: Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park Headquarters, Balloch by Page/Park Architects
- Innovation Award: NG Bailey