The Design Museum is to open an exhibition focussing on lesser known architecture in the capital
The free show – titled Lesser Known Architecture – features a range of buildings selected by architectural commentators including AJ deputy editor Rory Olcayto.
The ten London buildings featured and their nominators are:
- Bevin Court nominated by Tom Dyckhoff (BBC Culture Show)
- Brownfield Estate nominated by Owen Hatherley (The Guardian)
- Cabmen’s Shelters nominated by Oliver Wainwright (The Guardian)
- Crystal Palace Subway nominated by Rory Olcayto (The Architects’ Journal)
- London Underground Arcades nominated by Edwin Heathcote (Financial Times)
- Mail Rail nominated by Ellie Stathaki (Wallpaper*)
- Nunhead Cemetery nominated by Hugo MacDonald (Monocle)
- Occidental Oil Refinery Jetty nominated by Owen Hatherley (The Guardian)
- Stockwell Bus Garage nominated by Tom Dyckhoff (BBC Culture Show)
- Welbeck Street Car Parknominated by Sam Jacob (Dezeen / Art Review)
An overview of each building written by its nominator will feature in a journal accompany the event which is part of the London Festival of Architecture 2013.
Design Museum, Shad Thames, London SE1 2YD
Opening: 4 June – 22 July
10.00 -17.45 daily. Last admission: 17.15
Admissions: £10.75 Adults, £9.70 Concessions, £6.50 Students,
under 12s Free.