Cullinan Studio has won planning permision for this innovation centre for Jaguar Land Rover at the University of Warwick’s Coventry site
The 33,000m² building will be the fifth building built by Cullinan Studio for the Warwick Manufacturing Group, a research department at the university.
Part of an MJP masterplan, the joint project with Jaguar Land Rover/Tata Motors will contain four stories of research and development space with an engineering hall arranged around a ‘collaborative hub’.
The building, which is due to start on site later this year, has been designed to achieve a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating.
Timeline: Cullinan Studio’s schemes for the Warwick Manufacturing Group
- International Manufacturing Centre (IMC) - completed in 3 phases 1992 - 2002
- International Digital Laboratory (IDL) - completed 2008
- International Institute for Product and Service Innovation (IIPSI) - completed 2012
- International Institute for Nanocomposite Manufacturing (IINM) - completed 2014
- National Automotive Innovation Centre (NAIC) - for Jaguar Land Rover, Tata Motors and WMG - planning approval June 2014
Peter Inglis, project director, Cullinan Studio
‘The National Automotive Innovation Centre has been such an exciting project for us to design, so we were thrilled that Coventry City Council were enthusiastic about the new centre and the many benefits it will bring to the local economy.’