[FIRST LOOK + IMAGES] Chris Dyson Architects has completed this conversion on a 1720’s house in London
The period conversion consists of a large new exhibition space with wall-to-wall glass windows facing on to a courtyard, and on the second floor four equally spaced vertical windows were added to a private living space.
The cottage at the rear of the courtyard has also been regulated with five equal windows, on two levels and the original staircase in the main house has been retained and adapted, without major change.
Photography credits to Yasmine Braa, Richard Bryant and Gavin Jackson.
Works: Renovation and extension of a Georgian property
Architects: Chris Dyson, John Bowmer, Aranzazu Melon
Engineers: Abbas Constructor, The Morton Partnership
Contractor: Howard Spratt Restorations LTD
Contract Period: February 2008 to July 2009
Areas: Main building 353m²; Cottage 93m²