HINTS AND TIPS
- An external hard disk offers additional, often portable, storage for workstations.
- For the ultimate in portability, a pocket drive like the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Mini is your best option.
- A ‘direct attached storage’ (DAS) device provides greater capacity and more RAID protection options than a basic desktop drive.
- If you want to share storage across multiple workstations at once, a ‘network attached storage’ (NAS) device connects via Ethernet like a mini server.
- For performance akin to an internal desktop drive, eSATA is the quickest option - if your Workstation offers this connection.