To enhance Scotland's Stirling Castle as a visitor attraction and historical monument, blue/grey roofing slate from Burlington Slate now adorns the roof of James IV's medieval Great Hall plus two turrets and a Fa'doon, proving a match for the original local Aberfoyle slate material. Some 984m 2has been used in the third phase of restoration, laid in random widths and in diminishing courses, centre-fixed with stainless-steel screws, double screwed every fourth course through one layer of Tyvek membrane with oak sarking. On the Fa'doon, a change in the pitch of the lean-to at the north end of the roof allowed unobtrusive insertion of a line of ventilators.
lENQUIRY NO. 1204