The Trellick Tower is the latest UK landmark to get a Going Underground proposal
Architect Povilas Jurevicius has taken the 31-storey tower underground with a commercial, cultural, sports and leisure complex.
He says: “Designated lightwells will provide daylight… A new underground transport hub will provide connectivity to other parts of London.”
The RIW and AJ ‘Going Underground’ competition is inviting imaginative designs for new subterranean concepts beneath a UK landmark. The deadline for entries is 15 May.
How to enter
· Choose a UK landmark and propose an underground structure beneath it
· Submit your proposal on the ‘RIW Going Underground Drawing Sheet’ PDF
· Your proposal can be hand drawn, rendered or drawn in CAD. Drawings of any size will be accepted, but A2 or A3 is the preferred size
· See the attached ‘Rules and conditions of entry’ PDF for more info
· Send your proposal to email@example.com
· Please share your idea on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using hashtag #goingunderground
Make founder Ken Shuttleworth will be one of the judges, which will see the winning entry receive £1,000 of holiday vouchers and the best designs feature in the AJ.
The closing date for entries is 15 May 2015.