Retail giant Tesco is inviting architects to submit proposals for a regeneration opportunity in the heart of Nottingham’s Eastside
The proposed redevelopment of the Manvers Street site in Nottingham Eastside includes a new Tesco store and associated mixed-use.
This opens up exciting opportunities to deliver an iconic retail statement at the centre of one of the most important current urban regeneration projects in the UK.
- The development offers the potential to design a striking flagship for a new generation of retail-led sustainable development.
- As a statement of confidence the store could act as a major economic catalyst, helping to spur and anchor the roll-out of extensive regeneration across Eastside City.
Expressions of interest are invited from registered architects, undergraduate students and architectural design services with an appetite for innovation, creative thinking and a passion for design.
Deadline to register interest and submit PQQ online: 6 April 2010
Entrants shortlisted for Stage 1 interview: 12 April 2010
Interviews for Stage 1: TBA
Full Design Brief issued: w/c 12 April 2010
Stage 1 submissions: 21 May 2010
Invest in Nottingham: 27 May 2010
Entrants shortlisted for Stage 2: w/c 31 May 2010
Stage 2 presentations: w/c 7 June 2010
Notification of decision: 18 June 2010
Selection will be organised in three main stages:
- Pre-qualification questionnaire
- Stage 1 design concept and presentation at public exhibition
- Stage 2 presentation to judging panel
Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ)
- Online submissions of PQQ are invited by 6 April 2010.
- Entrants will be advised by 12 April 2010 if they have been selected for interview.
Successful entrants will be invited to go forward to Stage 1, where the Full Design Brief will be issued.