Interior design and architectural panel manufacturer Mykon has invited UK students to take part in a design competition using its products
The brief is for innovative concepts using more than 80 per cent of Mykon’s predominately aluminium honeycomb technology. The winner will receive £500 and the chance to produce and exhibit their design.
Entries must be received by 30 September.
Client contact details:
If you require any further assistance then please email Wendy Wiltshire 01480 415043.
Submission Deadline: 30th September 2010, enter by initially registering your interest, and later, submitting your design.
Mykon have a passion for innovative and design led surface solutions for the architectural industry. Mykon specialise in the manufacture and design of a wide portfolio of product solutions from partitioning, panels, screens, doors, flooring and furniture solutions. Ideal for the forward thinking trend conscious consumer, who requires flexibility, individuality and a high quality finish. Mykons target markets are: Designers, Architects and high end design conscious consumers. Mykon believe strongly in supporting up and coming talent of the future which is why the Student Competition was launched.
Mykon would like you to produce a design concept with a supporting brief reflecting Mykons image and target market. The brief to you is intentionally loose, encouraging you to use your creativity within your design and use of materials (Mykons B-Clear range). The aim is for you to come up with a product or use for the materials that is innovative and forward thinking that will take Mykon to the next level within the design and architectural field in 2010.
With your submission you are required to produce a brief (1pg of A4) to demonstrate to the judges the thinking behind their design. It is important to include how you think this takes the Mykon brand into consideration and why it will be a beneficial concept for Mykon. The below criteria must be followed within all entries and the terms and conditions must also be read before submission.
Please note: to qualify for the competition both the brief and design concepts must be entered.
- Materials used within the design must be taken from the Mykon B-Clear range (B-Clear Standard, B-Clear Iris, B-Clear Crystal Glaze, B-Clear Colour series) Information regarding these materials can be found on the website www.mykon-systems.com The maximum size of the panels for B-Clear (Standard, Crystal Glaze and Colour Series) are: 3000mm x 1500mm for B-Clear Iris are: 2440 x 1220mm.
- On submission the entry must include 1 x A4 page brief detailing how the brief has been answered, the thinking behind the concept and how it would be executed.
- One design concept to be submitted and must be demonstrated on a maximum of 4 pages (A3 or A4) and detailing the fundamentals of the design.
- All students must be studying in the UK.
- All entries must be of an original design.
- Entries must be submitted in solid works, PDF, DWG format, STEP, Parasolid, Inventor, Solid Edge or Sketch UP.
The winner receives £500 and the opportunity to complete work experience at Mykon up to 18 months after the winner has been selected (dates to be confirmed) The winning design may also be displayed in the Building Centre but this is to be confirmed.