The clock is ticking for entries to be submitted to our Going Underground ideas competition for a radical underground structure - so get creative!
With increasing pressure not just to build upwards but also downwards, structural waterproofing manufacturer RIW and the AJ are inviting imaginative designs for new subterranean concepts.
The winning entry will receive £1,000 of holiday vouchers and the best designs will feature in the AJ.
How to enter
- Choose a UK landmark and propose an underground structure beneath it
- Submit your proposal on the ‘RIW Going Underground Drawing Sheet’ PDF
- Your proposal can be hand drawn, rendered or drawn in CAD. Drawings of any size will be accepted, but A2 or A3 is the preferred size
- See the attached ‘Rules and conditions of entry’ PDF for more info
- Send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please share your idea on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using hashtag #goingunderground
Entrants are asked to choose a landmark project and propose an underground structure beneath. The proposals could be political, witty, off-the-wall, or practical.
The submission could be hand drawn, rendered or drawn in CAD.
The closing date for entries is 8 May 2015 and judges include Make founder Ken Shuttleworth and AJ acting editor Rory Olcayto.