The landscape of London and the Tube network are the inspiration for a network of subterranean swimming pods in the latest RIW-AJ competition entry
Sniez Torbarina, principal at VAALstudio, said the aim of the project is “to encourage London authorities to build a network of swimming pools and wellness centres, easily accessible to everyone.”
The RIW and AJ ‘Going Underground’ competition is inviting imaginative designs for new subterranean concepts beneath a UK landmark.
How to enter
· Choose a UK landmark and propose an underground structure beneath it
· Submit your proposal on the ‘RIW Going Underground Drawing Sheet’ PDF
· Your proposal can be hand drawn, rendered or drawn in CAD. Drawings of any size will be accepted, but A2 or A3 is the preferred size
· See the attached ‘Rules and conditions of entry’ PDF for more info
· Send your proposal to email@example.com
· Please share your idea on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using hashtag #goingunderground
Make founder Ken Shuttleworth will be one of the judges, which will see the winning entry receive £1,000 of holiday vouchers and the best designs feature in the AJ.
The closing date for entries is 8 May 2015.