BDP and Wolfgang Buttress have been recognised with the AJ100 Architectural Collaboration of the Year Award
Artist Wolfgang Buttress and architect BDP collaborated to create The Hive, the UK pavilion at the 2015 Milan Expo. They entered the competition together and BDP went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that Buttress could realise his vision. The practice resolved a lot of design issues and added its own creative input.
While this was an exemplary example of an artist/ architect collaboration, the judges noted that in future they would like to see more entries demonstrating a wider range of successful collaborations, such as between architects and manufacturers.
- ADP with Corde , AKS Ward and KJ Tait
- Chetwoods with RCA
- Darling Associates with Dixon Jones
- Grimshaw with Peter Randall-Page
- Hawkins\Brown with TfL’s Arts Team
- Pozzoni with Scott Tallon Walker Architects
- PRP with Make Architects
- Shankari Raj Edgar, Nudge Group
- Sarah Gaventa, Made Public
- Ruth Slavid, architectural journalist (on behalf of the AJ)
- Roger Zogolovitch, Solidspace