Unsupported browser

For a better experience please update your browser to its latest version.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Nwola Uduku's comments

• Record number of women apply for architecture-related degrees

Nwola Uduku's comment 8 February, 2019 3:03 pm

But do they stay the course? How many go through to part 3 and become fully registered to practice? And in academe how many female professors of architecture are there with full research related qualifications? I rest my case . There’s no point even beginning to talk about other minority groups

• The increase in first-class degrees has nothing to do with better teaching

Nwola Uduku's comment 16 January, 2019 12:15 pm

Adieu David Dunster, he was everything an architecture critic should be irreverent, generous spirited, and always ready to talk - from a global perspective he was one of only a few of his generation who would readily talk and encourage research from the "south", I remember him once saying to me there's a an offer to run an architecture school in Puerto Rico - interested? and then a bit later there are some blokes in Holland that want to set up a thing called Docomomo which is going to be international soon you should get involved - I couldn't take him up on teh first but I did on the second. Good bye David your sardonic but infectious laughter will be sorely missed,

• Foster-led group of leading practices ‘trailblazes’ architect apprenticeships

Nwola Uduku's comment 4 July, 2018 9:36 am

Excellent- we’ll done to there practices. A step in the right direction.

• Ethel Day: AJ student survey shows women are put off practice at university

Nwola Uduku's comment 5 July, 2017 11:43 am

Not sure this is really a 'shock'

• 'Jane' - the story of an architect

Nwola Uduku's comment 29 January, 2015 2:40 pm

make it a regular appearance on AJ (then I might even subscribe) how about a storyline for ethnic minority architects, etc etc. This is said in support I think its a great cartoon strip and very in keeping with the British psyche in narrative and presentation. Well done to all and its great to see the real cameos being presented at the end.

• Stirling-shortlisted supermarket listing bid rejected

Nwola Uduku's comment 21 August, 2014 9:18 am

very very sad, this is a store I have visited and used since its construction. If the deed has actually now been confirmed I hope there will be adequate record of what will have been destroyed. Very few public buiidings I know have achieved the 'show and tell' quality that sainsbury's greenwich was able to convey in its environmental credentials. This will be a true loss to what will inevitably become another bland retail parkspace in London's outer suburbs

• Architects urge Strathclyde to loan empty studios to GSA

Nwola Uduku's comment 13 June, 2014 9:08 am

As a former lecturer at Strathclyde UniversityArchitecture School in the early 2000s I endorse the idea. The purpose built nature of the Strathclyde Architecture School, particularly its studio spaces would be a great temporary home for GSA students. Also their proximity to the Stratthclyde Architecture students could also lead to future potential creative collaborations.

Dr Ola Uduku Edinburgh School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture