Will Hurst is an award-winning journalist who has spent most of his career writing about architecture and construction. A news specialist with an expertise in investigative and campaigning journalism.
Hurst has written for national titles such as the Guardian, Times and Financial Times as well as for the trade press and has been interviewed about architecture on radio and TV. He was named both news reporter and feature writer of the year at the 2013 IBP awards for his work in exposing construction industry blacklisting.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Newly released correspondence has revealed Boris Johnson’s doubts over £30 million grant and underwriting maintenance costs
The boss of 100 Resilient Cities has said London must tackle the threat of social inequality
Architects are failing to live up to their professional responsibility to tackle climate change, leading environmentalist Jonathan Porritt has said
Jeremy Till, Paul Morrell and David Roberts questioned the profession’s ethical guidance at a Bartlett event earlier this week
The Museum of London is to hold an architectural competition to find a ‘world-class’ designer for its new home at Smithfield Market after mayor Boris Johnson agreed £200,000 funding
The son of Alison and Peter Smithson, architect Simon Smithson, has spoken of his delight at the outpouring of support for their Robin Hood Gardens estate
Piano, Hadid, Nouvel, Safdie, Gehry, Alsop, Viñoly, Cullinan, Hodder and Levete have all written to the government in support of listing Robin Hood Gardens, it has emerged.
Seven years ago Historic England’s predecessor took a populist rather than an expert line over the listing of the east London estate, argues Will Hurst
Peter Hendy agrees to publish findings and reveals Heatherwick’s fee bid was 11 times higher than Marks Barfield’s
This week’s career moves include a promotion at Holder Mathias Architects, and new appointments at PRP Planning
- Bouygues: 'We're looking to appoint architects at Canning Town'
- Urban Splash is top client for RIBA Award-winning schemes
- Will Hurst: 'RIBA winners still delight despite climate of austerity'
- Expert slams Garden Bridge business case
- Deadline looms for Barratt and AJ Future Homes competition
- AJ120 #10: Grimshaw
- Are architects overhyping the drone?
- 'There is a space between us and this coming together allows us to leverage that.’
- Bob Kerslake attacks right-to-buy plan
- Coalition of critics slams the Garden Bridge