Looks like they'll have a little bit more time to invent the building technology first; local council have given the majority of the site to LinkedIn, rather than Google. Story on Verge today: http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/6/8562123/google-headquarters-reboot-squashed-by-linkedin
Comment on: UK riots: tell us your stories
"Is there anyway architects can help with the recovery?"
We could begin with acknowledging how dreadfully designed many of London's council estates were.
There are a obvious design improvements (relating to public spaces, lighting, signage, access, materials, etc) that could be tackled straight away at relatively low cost.
* Creswell Crags Museum and Education Centre by OMI Architects
* Tigh-na-cladach, Gokay Deveci Architects
* Velodrome by Hopkins Architects
* Reception/RSPB Hide Complex, Titchwell by Haysom Ward Miller Architects
* Shingle House, Dungeness by NORD Architecture
* Ty Hedfan, Powys by Featherstone Young