Richard is the longest serving news journalist in the business and has been with the AJ since 2004. An expert in his field, Richard has judged design contests, broken internationally significant news and has seen his articles translated into the European press.
His stories have also been as used as evidence in public inquiries. Richard is actively involved in social media with thousands of Linkedin connections and followers on Twitter.
- Tel: 07918 650875
- E-mail: Richard.Waite@emap.com
Critics have weighed in against both the concept and proposed design of a new £40 million footbridge connecting Nine Elms and Pimlico in London
Sergison Bates has completed this 14 home scheme on a former car park and driving test centre in suburban Aldershot, Hampshire
London office of AMBS Architects reveals plans for 1,152m structure in Basra, which would outstrip the 1km-high Kingdom Tower
The latest in a series of practice profiles looking at those who have recently decided to go it alone
The curator of the 2016 Venice Biennale and founder of Elemental, talks to Richard Waite about ethics, housing and the problem-solving role that architecture increasingly plays
Winchester-based Adam Knibb Architects has completed this £225,000 revamp and extension of a 1951 semi-detached farm worker’s cottage in Hampshire
Major competition launches to design a £12-15 million visitor and community centre next to a landmark 15th-century Bristol church
Planning Inspectorate overrules Tower Hamlets Council and decides to approve contentious split-site, housing-led schemes by Robin Partington and Peter Barber in Shoreditch, east London
RIBA president Jane Duncan has urged the chancellor to take ‘urgent action’ to ensure the 400,000 affordable homes he pledged by 2020 are not ‘rabbit hutch’ houses
Maccreanor Lavington Architects has submitted plans for this 239 home double tower scheme in Wembley, north London
- Jobs set to go at RSHP ahead of Cheesegrater move
- Council backs Knight's River Cam footbridge
- Tim Ronalds to design new opera house in Surrey woods
- Where is it easiest to win planning?
- SAVE reveals alternative plan for controversial KCL site on Strand
- Chipperfield reveals plans for first New York apartment scheme
- AJ exclusive: three women-led firms make shortlist for £100m LSE job
- Truce in Battle of Norton Folgate? AHMM agrees to amend plans
- French architect wins Bath bridge contest
- Owusu brings in lawyers over Feilden + Mawson exit