Richard is the longest serving news journalist in the business and has been with the AJ since 2004. An expert in his field, Richard has judged design contests, broken internationally significant news and has seen his articles translated into the European press.
His stories have also been as used as evidence in public inquiries. Richard is actively involved in social media with thousands of Linkedin connections and followers on Twitter.
- Tel: 07918 650875
- E-mail: Richard.Waite@emap.com
Colin St John Wilson’s ‘immense and extraordinary’ British Library building has been handed a grade I listing by heritage minister Tracey Crouch
The City of London has approved a new 40 storey office scheme designed by Wilkinson Eyre
John McAslan & Partners has revealed its plans to convert the grade II-listed Millbank Tower - once London’s tallest building - into 200 flats
Zaha Hadid has robustly defended her practice’s role in the scrapped £1.3 billion Tokyo Olympic stadium, saying her warnings over the ballooning costs were ignored
Tower Hamlets Council has approved plans for a 57-storey residential skyscraper in London’s Docklands designed by Herzog & de Meuron
A new museum designed by Zaha Hadid for famous mountaineer Reinhold Messner has opened on the top of the Kronplatz peak, in the South Tyrol, Italy
Michael Wilford has hit back at claims that designs for No.1 Poultry were incomplete and that James Stirling was unhappy with parts of the plans at the time of his death
AJ editor Rory Olcayto has been named as a judge for this year’s RIBA Stirling Prize
Richard Waite reviews the end-of-year show at the Birmingham School of Architecture
Read reviews of every end of year show at each of the UK’s RIBA-accredited schools of architecture
- Campaigners halt British Land's Norton Folgate plans
- Shoreditch terrace revamp illuminates 850-year site history
- RCA students take just five days to build timber drop-in centre
- Hopkins submits plans for new Hyde Park Corner hotel
- Arup Associates submits plans to revamp 1 Finsbury Avenue
- Zaha says design not to blame for cost increases on shelved Tokyo stadium
- Mole team chosen for Cambridge's first cohousing scheme
- Matt Yeoman: 'Our plans do not threaten No1 Poultry'
- Hodder: 'Abolition of chief construction adviser leaves significant gap'
- Revealed: RIBA Stirling Prize 2015 shortlist