The new AJ site
It has a new look, more news, more building studies and more expert advice - but is it any good?
Welcome to the new AJ site, we hope you like it.
Our aim has been to produce a website that – like the typical British architect - is informative, inspiring, good looking and well organised.
- The News section has been expanded – and is still led by Richard Waite, the sharpest reporter in architecture. It also features Astragal, the AJ’s scurrilous daily gossip column.
- We will showcase the best in British architecture and celebrate success. You can follow the big names in the profession in the Architects section, browse the AJ’s renowned building studies in the Buildings section and digest culture and comment in The Critics.
- Information on countless products and services is available in the AJ Specification section – overseen by AJ Spec editor Tally Wade. Processes are revealed by Factory Visits and products displayed on site with Specifier’s Choice.
- This year many in the profession will face problems securing work and keeping cash flowing. The Your Business section is designed to help you both improve your skills and make your practice more profitable. Is Abu Dhabi a good bet for British architects? Should HR be outsourced? How can I best chase clients for payment? AJ Technical editor Kaye Alexander and her team of experts aim to answer the toughest questions in architecture.
- Another vital issue is tackled by the Sustainability section and in our Footprint blog, edited by Hattie Hartman, the AJ’s Sustainability editor.
I would be grateful if you could take a minute to let us know what you think of the new site, either by leaving a comment below or by emailing me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Architects’ Journal