Stanton Williams makes Swiss lab shortlist
London-based Stanton Williams has made a strong international shortlist for a scheme to design a laboratory and research building in Switzerland
The practice is competing to design the 15,000m2 facility for the Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering at science and technology university ETH Zurich.
The building will be located on the University of Basel’s Schällemätteli Campus, securing access for the Zurich institution to the largest life sciences research network in Europe.
It will include laboratories, seminar rooms, offices and communication zones.
There will also be specialist scientific facilities, workshops, archive and storage areas.
The project’s 19-strong shortlist includes practices from across Switzerland along with those from Paris, Munich, Graz and Copenhagen.
The winning scheme will be announced in spring 2014, and will be decided by a 30 strong jury that includes respected architect professor Roger Diener.
The full shortlist
- Wiel Arets Architects, Zurich
- Boltshauser Architekten, Zurich
- Brunet-Saunier Architecture, Paris
- Henn Architekten, Munich
- Andrea Roost Architekten, Bern
- Morger + Dettli Architekten, Basel
- Burckhard + Partner, Basel
- Fawad Kazi Architekt, Zurich
- Stanton Williams, London
- Kubota & Bachmann Architekten, Zurich
- Architektur Jessen + Vollenweider, Basel
- Riegler Riewe architekten, Graz
- ilg santer architekten, Zurich
- Nickel und Partner Architekten, Munich
- Graber Pulver Architekten, Zurich
- Perolini Baumanagement, Zurich
- Fiechter & Salzmann Architekten, Zurich
- pool Architekten, Zurich
- C.F. Moller architects, Copenhagen