In pictures: AJ100 Building of the Year 2014 shortlist
Foster + Partners, Glenn Howells Architects and Allies and Morrison all have projects vying for the AJ100 Building of the Year Award
Hopkins Architects’ Brent Civic Centre (AJ 01.08.13), Glasgow School of Art by JM Architects and AHMM’s Chobham Academy (AJ 29.11.13) are among the nine schemes which have been shortlisted for this year’s award.
This shortlist includes a pair of schemes in the Middle East – Aedas’ Al Bahr Tower in Abu Dhabi with its ground-breaking opening and closing facade and Foster + Partners’ Queen Alia International Airport in Amman.
Last year the coveted prize went to John McAslan and Partners for its ‘inspirational’ redevelopment of King’s Cross Station in London.
The winning scheme will be revealed at the annual AJ100 Awards on 22 May.
- Brent Civic Centre by Hopkins Architects
- Queen Alia International Airport by Foster + Partners
- New home of Rambert Dance Company by Allies and Morrison
- Chobham Academy by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- Parkside Place by Glenn Howells Architects
- Glasgow School of Art by JM Architects
- Manchester School of Art by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- The Wilson Art Gallery by Berman Guedes Stretton
- Al Bahr Tower by Aedas