Hotshots head for £95 million Colindale regeneration
Five teams, including the likes of Peter Barber Architects, Riches Hawley Mikhail, de Metz Forbes Knight Architects, Alison Brooks Architects, Amin Taha and PCKO will battle it out to deliver 600 new homes as part of the wider overhaul of the Greater London Council-built housing estate.
The jury, headed by representatives from project leaders Genesis Housing Group and Barnet Council, said it ‘faced an embarrassment of riches in selecting the shortlist.’
The teams are:
• Hawkins\Brown with Proctor and Matthews Architects and Cartwright Pickard Architects;
• Jestico + Whiles with Rivington Street Studio Architects and Peter Barber Architects;
• Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands with de Metz Forbes Knight Architects, Alison Brooks
Architects, Riches Hawley Mikhail Architects and de Rijke Marsh Morgan;
• Pollard Thomas Edwards Architects with Amin Taha Architects, Ash Sakula Architects, Niall McLaughlin Architects and Tonkin Liu; and
• White Arkitekter AB with PCKO Architects.
The winning consortium will be asked to mastermind ‘phase 1b’ of the Grahame Park Regeneration Project which, as well as creating new housing, will also see the demolition of around 200 homes, the improvement of the public realm, and the introduction of new community facilities.