World's most expensive? Rogers' One Hyde Park officially launches
[FIRST LOOK] Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners’ One Hyde Park apartment scheme has been officially opened today
The four-‘pavilion’ development overlooking the central London park includes 86 flats and three boutiques and boasts the world record for the highest price paid per sq ft - more than £6,000 per sq ft - understood to be shelled out for the £140 million penthouse suite.
Backed by Project Grande (Guernsey) - a joint venture partnership between CPC Group and the Prime Minister of Qatar - the scheme has been part managed by the Candy brothers.
The team behind the development claims half of the apartments have been sold ‘with exchanged sales totalling £1billion’ and have hailed the scheme as ‘redefining the meaning of luxury apartment living’.
- 86 apartments and three retail boutiques within four pavilions
- interior design and development management by Candy & Candy
- services and facilities provided by 60 dedicated Residences at Mandarin Oriental professionals
- light installations by celebrated artist James Turrell
- private amenities and leisure facilities for residents including exclusive use of private cinema; 21m-long ozone swimming pool;
saunas and steam rooms; private exercise, relaxation and treatment rooms; squash court; state-of-the-art gym; golf simulator and
virtual games room; wine cellars; business suite and meeting rooms; private entertainment room; park library; secure underground
parking; car cleaning and valet service
- Rolex, McLaren Automotive and Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank will open ‘flagship’ showrooms in the retail units at the development
in early 2011