RIBA Awards 2014: South West + Wessex shortlist revealed
Denton Corker Marshall’s Stonehenge Visitor Centre is among the buildings shortlisted for RIBA Awards in the South West + Wessex regions
The 15-strong list of finalists vying for a RIBA Award in these region includes Gillespie Yunnie Architects’ Royal William Yard Staircase in Plymouth, which was crowned the most sustainable scheme in this year’s AJ Small Projects Awards.
The architects will find out whether they have won a Regional Award at a ceremony in Bristol on the 8 May.
Regional winners will be put forward for the RIBA National Awards, with the lucky recipients announced in June. Those collecting national awards will then be considered for the 2014 RIBA Stirling Prize.
- Architecture Archive, Wincanton by Hugh Strange Architects
- The Exchange, Cornwall by Burwell Deakins Architects
- Stonehenge Exhibition and Visitor Centre, Shrewton by Denton Corker Marshall
- Twin Sails Bridge, Poole by Wilkinson Eyre Architects
- Royal William Yard Staircase, Plymouth by Gillespie Yunnie Architects
- Porthmeor Artists Studios and Fishermens Cellars, St. Ives by Long & Kentish Architects
- Orchard spa, Gloucestershire by De Matos Ryan
- The Wilson Cheltenham Gallery and Museum, Cheltenham by Berman Guedes Stretton
- Lakeshore, Bristol by Ferguson Mann Architects
- Tyntesfield Visitor Centre, Bristol by Architecton
- Lee Building, Avon by Feilden Fowles
- Westering, Chagford, Newton Abbot by Annie Martin Architect
- Knappings Barn, Gloucester by ECA Architecture & Planning
- Officers Field, Portland, Dorset by HTA Design
- Private House, Lansdown by Seth Stein Architects