Most listed architects: George Gilbert Scott tops rankings
Sir George Gilbert Scott has officially had more of his buildings listed than any other architect in England
According to English Heritage’s new online database - the National Heritage List for England - the prolific Victorian architect has 607 listed building, nearly 200 ahead of second placed George Edmund Street who has 413.
Further down the list is his grandson Giles Gilbert Scott, the architect behind Liverpool’s Anglican cathedral, Battersea power station and the K2 red telephone boxes, who has 217 historic buildings protected by statute.
Top 10 architects for Listed Buildings in England
- 607 - Sir George Gilbert Scott (1811–1878)
- 413 - George Edmund Street (1824–1881)
- 402 - Edwin Landseer (1802-1873)
- 308 - William Butterfield (1814-1900)
- 266 - Richard Norman Shaw (1831-1912)
- 258 - Alfred Waterhouse (1830-1905)
- 251 - John Carr (1723-1807)
- 238 - Arthur William Blomfield (1829-1899)
- 217 - Giles Gilbert Scott (1880– 1960)
- 217 - George Devey (1820–1886)