Making the most out of MIPIM 2012 - Tom's top 10 tips
Urban Splash co-founder Tom Bloxham delivers his ten top tips on how to get the most out of MIPIM…
(1) Enjoy yourself! Often the best contacts come from chance encounters and unexpected meetings
(2) Pace yourself by planning meetings with people you definitely want to meet beforehand, but don’t cram your diary too much.
(3) Pick maybe three or four people who you want to spend quality time with, grab lunch for two on the beach and create long lasting business relationships.
(4) Pace your drinking. Perhaps more important than point (2)! Drink plenty of water, there’s a work hard/play hard balance in Cannes
(5) Don’t forget your sandals, shades and hat. Its a fun, informal affair, dress relaxed and you’ll enjoy it more.
(6) Grab a cheeky weekend skiing at either end of MIPIM, the South of France has more to offer than just La Croissette!
(7) If skiing isn’t for you, explore the surrounding countryside or maybe the Fondation MEAGHT
(8) Go for a paddle, the sea isn’t just for the yachts! Take in some of the calming waters while you’re at MIPIM
(9) Ensure you get an invitation to all of the best parties, again they’re a great place to meet contacts
(10) Make sure your primary objective is to come home with a fistful of business cards. And you must, must follow up on every single one of them when you get home.