In pictures: 3DReid student prize 2013 shortlist unveiled
The AJ can exclusively reveal the shortlist for this year’s 3DReid Student Prize worth £1,000 to the winner
The seven-strong shortlist of ‘the best of the best’ of the nation’s Part II students includes an entry by Alex Rudge from the Birmingham School of Architecture - the winner of the Facebook public vote.
Last year the prize was won by Edinburgh School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture Part II student Andrew Piggott for his Carnareggio culinary school in Venice.
The annual award, which is now into its eighth year, celebrates the best Part II students from schools across the country, with each university nominating their hopefuls.
The finalists will present their schemes to judges including AJ editor Christine Murray, Martyn Evans from emerging, design savvy developer Cathedral, and Mark Davy of Future City on 8 July.
The shortlist in full
- Alex Rudge, Birmingham School of Architecture
- Kugathas Kugarajah, Glasgow Mackintosh University
- Bruce Kinmond, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen
- Nathan Ovens, William Hei, Darran Levins & Timothy Anderson of University of Bath
- Christopher Kelly, University of Greenwich
- Jordan Young, Leicester School of Architecture, De Montford University
- Guy Moulson, University of Sheffield