Calling all Retrofit gurus: Deadline for 3R Awards is Monday
3R Awards is on the prowl for the best schemes by architects working in the UK’s ballooning retrofit market
The programme, which stands for ‘Refurb, Rethink, Retrofit’, represents all areas of the retrofit and refurbishment markets – estimated to be worth £500 billion over the next three decades.
‘Retrofit and creative adaptation will be critical if we are to develop sustainable, long-term built environments,’ AJ editorial director Paul Finch explained.
‘These awards are a recognition and celebration of great projects already completed, and will promote exemplars across the construction industry.’
Backed by the AJ and sister titles Construction News and New Civil Engineer, the award categories range from one-off homes to major infrastructure projects, and prizes will be given not just to engineers and architects but to also products designs and specialist companies.
The deadline for entries is 18 July.
Visit the 3R Awards website to register
These awards reward and celebrate excellent design, engineering and construction of projects which
- extend the life of an existing building or piece of infrastructure through refurbishment in an exemplary way;
- which may do this by rethinking the use of the building/structure and adapting it as a result;
- and in either case achieve greater energy efficiency and carbon reduction because of improved environmental performance, and the continuing use of existing building/infrastructure stock.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- first-class delivery
- innovative approaches
- client satisfaction
- user satisfaction (where not the client)
- performance data
- reduced energy consumption
- lower carbon emissions
Awards for product innovation and specialist service delivery will be made in the context of these criteria.