Mayor of London Boris Johnson has appointed architects including Terry Farrell, Sunand Prasad, Bob Allies and NLA chair Peter Murray to advise him on regeneration schemes in the capital
Johnson named 16 senior figures on a relaunched Mayor’s Design Advisory Group.
The experts will advise the mayor on major development schemes in the capital, promoting high quality architecture and urban design on high-profile regeneration projects.
Johnson said: ‘With the enormous potential of regeneration being unlocked across the capital, we must promote architecture and design of the highest possible standard.
‘The advisory group will be instrumental in shaping not only a London-wide design strategy, but also advising on key planning decisions which have a direct impact on our high streets, public places and neighbourhoods across the boroughs.’
The group will be chaired by Fiona Fletcher-Smith, the mayor’s executive director of development and enterprise.
It will meet up to four times each year, with the Mayor chairing at least one of these.
The panel members are:
- Joyce Bridges, former Cabe commissioner, and current member of Design Council CABE built environment expert panel
- Terry Farrell, architect, Farrells
- Eric Parry, architect, Eric Parry Architects
- Sunand Prasad, architect, Penoyre & Prasad
- Patricia Brown, director of Central
- Fred Manson, former director of regeneration Southwark and current associate director of Heatherwick Studio
- Peter Murray, chairman, New London Architecture
- Colin Haylock, president of Board of Trustees, RTPI
- Fiona Scott, former Architects Journal Scholar and current director Gort Scott
- Stephen Witherford, member Tate Modern Council; CABE; RIBA Advisor;
- David Levitt, design champion Catalyst Housing Group; board member, Design for Homes
- June Barnes, group chief executive, East Thames Housing Group; board member National Housing Federation
- Richard Powell, director of planning and development, Capital and Counties
- Pam Alexander, trustee of the Design Council, non-exec director of DC Cabe and a built environment expert for Cabe
- Bob Allies, partner Allies and Morrison and a member of the CABE National Design Review Pane
- Roger Hawkins, partner Hawkins\Brown