All six RIBA Client of Year 2009 finalists named joint winners
The RIBA has made the unprecedented move of presenting its Client of the Year 2009 award to all six on the shortlist
The institute hailed the move as a ‘positive decision in an exceptional year, which produced some remarkable clients’ and added that it wanted to ‘celebrate the achievements of all six in the same way’.
For the past 11 years the RIBA has recognised the role of good clients in the delivery of ‘fine architecture’ with its special RIBA Client of the Year award – an accolade that is judged based on visits to the schemes and meetings with the nominated clients.
- Laura Lee, Maggie’s Centre, London, by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners (pictured)
- Reverend Nicholas Holtam, St Martin-in the-Fields by Eric Parry Architects
- Roy MacGregor, Kentish Town Health Centre by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- Rod Holmes (Grosvenor), Liverpool One masterplan by BDP
- Peter Sharpe, Kielder Observatory by Charles Barclay Architects
- Peter Millican on behalf of Parabola Land, for Kings Place in London by Dixon Jones
The RIBA Client of the Year award announcement was made on Saturday 17 October at a special awards ceremony for the RIBA Stirling Prize in association with The Architects’ Journal and Crystal CG at Old Billingsgate in London. The winners were announced and presented with their awards by Richard Hastilow CBE, RIBA Chief Executive.