AJ exclusive: RIBA client of the year 2012 shortlist revealed
The Olympic Delivery Authority is, unsurprisingly, on the five-strong shortlist for the 2012 RIBA Client of the Year award.
Alain de Botton’s Living Architecture is also among the finalists vying for the award which is supported by the Bloxham Charitable Trust.
As well as considering clients behind this year’s RIBA Award-winning schemes, the judges also take into account their track record of successful commissioning, ‘particularly where this has led to earlier RIBA Awards’.
The 2012 shortlist is:
- Living Architecture for Balancing Barn, Shingle House and Dune House
- Manhattan Lofts for St Pancras Chambers
- Olympic Delivery Authority for the Olympic Stadium*, Velodrome, Primary Substation
- Argent for Phase 1 Granary Complex, King’s Cross
- Wakefield Council for Castleford Project, Sandal Magna School and Hepworth Wakefield*
*Shortlisted for the 2012 Stirlnig Prize
The AJ is media partner for both the RIBA Awards and Special Awards, and trade media partner for the RIBA Stirling Prize