A number of high-profile British practices are among the teams shortlisted in the competition to design a £120 million indoor arena in Copenhagen
The five-strong shortlist is made up of teams lead by Foster + Partners, Hopkins Architects and Populous, as well as collaborations between Grimshaw and CF Møller, and 3XN and HKS Architects.
The winner is expected to be announced in May.
The 15,000-seat venue will be run by American entertainment company Live Nation, which already operates a number of arenas in Europe including Dublin’s O2 and Wembley Arena, London.
Shortlist in full
• 3XN, HKS architects, Arup and ME Engineers
• CF Møller, Grimshaw, Arup, Niras and Marianne Levinsen
• Foster + Partners, Arkitektfirmaet 78 and Arup
• Hopkins Architects, Pöyry, Friis & Moltke, Arup, Rambøll and Jeppe Aagaard Andersen
• Populous, Dissing+Weitling, Buro Happold, Rambøll, Schönherr, Vanguardia and Charcoal Blue